It Really Is A Wonderful Life
I grew up in a house where we didn’t really have that many holiday traditions. I remember my mother actually taking me to Toys R Us a few days before the holiday and just buying me what I wanted. While that may sound cool, and while it was happing it was really fun, there really was no anticipation or anything else involved in the holiday.
I married into a family that had a lot of holiday traditions. It was strange but exciting to watch people do all the things on the commercials like bake cookies and decorate the tree and put out milk and cookies for Santa.
On my husband’s and mine first Christmas together, he told me that we were going to watch It’s a Wonderful Life. At first I rolled my eyes. All I could picture was all those parodies I had seen on the movie and didn’t really want to spend over two hours watching some old black and white movie when I could be doing…well, I could be doing anything else.
Then I watched the movie…
So, I thought I would take this time to tell you the top five reasons why I love It’s A Wonderful Life…
5. The House – The house George and Mary move into is really quite spectacular and who wouldn’t want to fix up an old house and move into with the man of your dreams?
4. George is not the perfect hero – George is frustrated, he thinks he’s unhappy, he wants something more and let life take him down his path. He is guided by doing the right thing to the point where it is his downfall and his salvation. He is complex and really changes by the end of the movie.
3. A look back – Looking back and seeing how one life touches so many others is such an interesting concept for a movie and in the case of George it works to perfection. Who wouldn’t want to know how people got on without you, isn’t it amazing to know that you made someone’s life better? All interesting thoughts.
2. Clarence – The angel – I love him, enough said.
1. It really is a wonderful life – I think anytime one can look back at their life and realize it was wonderful even with all the bumps in the road then it was all worth it. This movie lets you explore that.
And the main reason I love watching It’s a Wonderful Life – I have my own tradition and I love watching it with my husband and family!
Kim Carmichael began writing nine years ago when her love of happy endings inspired her to create her own.
A Southern California native, Kim’s contemporary romance combines Hollywood magic with pop culture to create quirky characters set against some of most unique and colorful settings in the world.
With a weakness for designer purses, bad boys, and techno geeks, Kim married her own computer whiz after he proved he could keep all her gadgets running and finally admitted handbags were an investment.
Kim is a PAN member of the Romance Writers of America, as well as some small specialty chapters. A multi-published author, Kim’s books can be found on Amazon as well as in Barnes & Noble.
When not writing, she can usually be found slathered in sunscreen trolling Los Angeles and helping top doctors build their practices.